Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Sinking of the Censorship Not Alluding to Titanic

If I could go on a cruise

it would be on the Censorship—

sailing across the Indian Ocean.

Long and forgotten ocean.

Neptune’s oceans couldn’t

wash the blood from the

Lady’s hands and they won’t

wash the thoughts

from my mind.

So, I sail them.

Dolphins emerge like

three letter words and

the whale-watchers fear

the four letter ones.

I won’t kill them.

No. I refuse.

All aboard the Censorship

full of letters forming

words and words forming

sentences and sentences

forming God.

Did Big Brother create

the Creator? Or just

the great wooden Censorship?

Perturbation hurts.

But still I sit in a jocund

state only because

I know the Creator of

the Censorship created

the words derived from

French, Latin, and sailors.

Come sailors,

aboard the Censorship.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) too bad blogger doesn't have a like button

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive been inspired by tess to try to get published too. it's one of those things where you have no idea what people will say about your work. i thought this might be one of my five i put in the portfolio to send to people. im going to post more...i need a consensus of which ones to send off...and some places dont like cussing...i guess i must aboard the goddamn censorship yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Room for one more on the Censorship? If you can promise God in sentences I am there.

    ReplyDelete