Remember that old song "Here's Your Sign" by Bill Engvall? Well, what's sad is that these type of people are becoming as multitudinous as Twilight fanatics. I frequently run into these people at work, at the store, at the bar, at houses, etc.
For example, I heard someone say that the Ellen show is great but unwatchable for them because of her need to dress like a man. This person went on to say that they were okay with her sexual preference but not her outlandish "boy dressing habits." What. the. fuck? I used to wonder if people heard what they were saying, but then I realized that they did hear themselves, but they just didn't get it. Obviously this person has not in ANY way perceived reality. They can't even use religion as an excuse for this one. They fucked themselves from both angles (giggity). At any rate, I'm okay with these people because I have learned to live my life like Equality 7-2521, and I don't mean this in a cocky way whatsoever.
For me, when I am in the presence of someone who actually perceives the world, (NOT in the way that I do—just plain out perceives) I feel the way I did as a Santa brainwashed child or the way I felt when they started putting different colored crunch berries in Captain Crunch. I just feel fucking relieved to be around people who are "Wide Awake It's Morning" (Thank you, Conor Oberst for providing me with new and improved adjectives). I might stop referencing literature and maybe even stop referencing Ayn Rand one day, but that day is not today, and with that said, there are just too many damn Union 5-3992's in this crazy motherfucking world.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i MUST read another ayn rand book! (but i will admit that i am scared--it's big. i'm busy. cop out? excuses? i'm fine with it.) anyhow, i haven't read that one, but i really think i get what you're saying. and i love it.
ReplyDeleteanthem literally will take you like a couple hours to read. it's simple, yet beautiful (obviously, i think so :) ) the others im struggling to get through myself. you really have to be in a certain mood or state of mind. it's no beach read, that's for sure.
ReplyDelete