Friday, January 15, 2010

Ignorance is a Disease and It Is Rapidly Spreading [Take Cover in Haiti]

Why is it that one or two among the crowd ruin it all? I mean, historically, statistically, and psychologically speaking— majority should rule, right? Wrong. The realm of teaching is a little different. It seems that I have figuratively touched at least half of my students in a way in which they will appreciative writing and some literature for the rest of their lives. I truly believe this.

But then there are THOSE. The ones that will truly never wake up from the zombie dream world they call rural reality (or I call "country inflation isn't as bad so I'll just buy a Hummer and drive it to school everyday reality"). This is the future of our world. "O Me, O Life" is exactly how I fucking feel about that.


There again, I find myself often jealous of those zombies, those communist drones, those Corvette driving materialists, not that I give a flying fuck about cars, but they are conspicuously unaware. Is this why everyone says you'll miss high school and being young? Or are they idiots too and just mean you'll miss getting drunk because your parents told you not to?

It's kind of like that song about the keg in the closet. It's a great Kenny Chesney song. I've gotten drunk to it on a many occasions, but he doesn't have a clue either. He misses the parties and the girls (not that he has any problem with that now—my sorority sister made out with him, and he tried to reach up her skirt. That's another story) and the bars and the late nights. He doesn't miss being oblivious to the world, its sociological fuckedupedness, its government, its supernatural bullshit, its beauty. Who would miss that? Me. That's fucking who.

1 comment:

  1. me too, sometimes. when i miss it, i feel more stupid...you know, like my silly, silly students. it was just easier, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete