Fasting: Day 2
“Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.”
I have considered giving up.
I am near collapse,
near plunging into the pit
I have created for myself.
I am waiting for the creative euphoria.
You are to forget the worries,
the details, and reach a peak
of creativity, so the internet says.
My body is fluctuating in waves
like my desires under the sheets,
like so much change in so little time.
I have yet to pray to God.
That is tonight’s plan.
V8 juice smiles at me from the corner
of my desk. It is my fountain of youth.
It is my fountain of ignorance and hypocrisy,
and I will survive this.
I am no boy in a bus in Alaska.
My body will rebuild, purified
like Plath emerging from the tub,
emerging from sleeping pills.
That is my logos.
Lord, bring me the pathos.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment