Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fasting: Day 1 Part 2

I have decided to buy juice.
A water fast is impossible unless
I become one with the floor.
This pen is not steady.
My body has become
a nauseated nothing.
The water is no good.
I cannot concentrate
when my students
ask me questions.

You just gave us the answer
to that question, they say.

I know. I bet I did.

Class, you see, I am
a psychotic fasting fool
who plans to reach enlightenment
during a hard time in my life.
I am a psychotic fool
who has a baggy filled
with the earth at home.
I will light it on fire
in the great growl
of my stomach after I deny
myself nutrition for three days.

He will sit next to me,
and we will laugh,
smoke ringlets like memories.

Psychotically, we will laugh
like children breaking
a swarm of traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment