Organic
Synthetic life, you say?
I don’t believe that.
It is not fake.
It is very real for you,
as real as your knee
on the ground in front
of me, fountain
spewing and yelling
and warning us.
It did not have enough
time to warn us because
you were embarrassed.
You were embarrassed
to ask me to dwell eternally
with you in a crowd.
Coward.
I would have stayed
on that knee forever
if the roles were reversed
like your new jeep
in reverse,
a downsize
my ass.
Let them stare.
Let them gawk.
They surely are staring
now. All of the animals
are gathering like numb
blades of grass, like
animals not so wild,
not so free.
I am the odd human
within the cage.
And you are among them,
meerkat, your head like
our dog we have
abandoned,
we have orphaned.
You stop, paws lifted,
look left, look right,
and you see nothing.
A synthetic nothing.
Friday, March 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment