Thursday, March 8, 2012

BROBDINGNAG


I’ve thought of standing on my desk
for a while during my planning period,
just to find meaning from a new perspective.

I’ve considered, like Whitman, taking
on multitudes and learning from them,
seeking knowledge by association.

I hope to never find myself.
I hope I never know my identity,
that I float through life like the grandest
Goblin Market, like the most
rebellious teenager.

I will not stay in this life bracket
for my so small portion of eternity.
I will not remain here in this perspective
and from this desk chair.

I stand on my desk, and I see chairs,
smaller chairs, and within the specks
on the floor, I see a gutter child soul-frozen
on the streets of Korea.

I see a Great condemner like Danforth
controlling the masses with his religion
that rarely saves, frequently kills.

I see a beaten woman drowning
in the breath of gin from her soulless man.
She is a feminist by default.

I see an elephant, dull-brained,
but African-large. She is staring into ecology.

I see a leather-skinned man smoking crack
in his one bedroom home. His little girl
sleeps so beautifully in the room
like a blueprint for innocent ignorance.

I see a politician’s brain cells squeaking
with lies, robotically spouting past stamps
of religion and cracked desire. He is just
Napoleon. Sugarcandy Mountain
is his platform.

I see Hitler and Stalin growing within
the hearts of hippie socialists that do not
understand the Great Switch, that there
is no balance of life. We balance
on the edge of right and wrong
like French tongues.

I see dustballs of capitalism accumulating
more and more trash, hair, dust, hypocrisy.
I see blades of grass left from the bottom
of a shoe, democracy’s green grass,
individualists.

I see divorces and diseases, lies
and exiles, children and plants, dogs
and women, blacks and whites.
I see etceteras and not enoughs,
colons and commas, lives and deaths,
happiness and taxes, rocks and clouds,
shirts and socks, dust and paper scraps.

I step down from my life tower,
head shaking,
eyes pissing ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment