Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Summer Ending Reflection

I have this program that actually tells me who my real friends are. It's pretty cool. It's pretty clear that if you're reading this, you MOST likely are. That's not full proof, though. haha.

I am amazed tonight at the amount of love and fun in the world.

I am also amazed at the amount of times in my life I've been blamed for other people's mishaps and faults. How is it that I am responsible for YOU hurting MY feelings? haha. That makes me laugh (and cry sometimes).

I'm getting to the point where I need to decide whether or not to leave this place. I think I might want to be one of those people that leaves and never looks back. Some might call that rude. I call that survival.

I think I belong back in the mountains (where the highway ends).

I've also learned that people who don't seek out attention and sympathy are assumed to be happy. This is interesting.

I love it when people like my "stop bitching start a revolution" sticker and don't get it. "That's about people like you," I want to say, but I don't.

So, this summer is over.

Highlights:

Floyd Fest
Neal's return party at Sal's and tonight at the house
4th of July
hookah bar
any and all trips to radford/pulaski/christiansburg/floyd/blacksburg
when rachelle, jess, and lauren visited danville
yes, the craft fair
all days alone painting with music
joe pug
ikea with good people
times alone with jc
getting back into the gym
our anniversary and cheesecake
charlie
(i'm sure there's much more, but i'm tired)




Lowlights:

death
suicide
vandalism
family
disrespect
new bar fights
not preparing for my new classes
bitching-
moaning-
sympathy begging



hahaha. good does outweigh the bad-- believe it or not. it really does...and that's a state of mind--one of looking at the world as though you aren't "poor little ______."

and that's why I have a shortage of sympathy to give or receive to/from certain people.

some people just don't need to do me any favors.




2 comments:

  1. i have nothing clever to say... just i love you. i'm sorry people are shitty, and i really wish you didn't have to deal with the idiocy of other people, but what would this world be without them, right? (some might say it would be better, but i beg to diff-ur).
    "I think I belong back in the mountains (where the highway ends)." i agree; that is where you belong. <3
    (btw, i bought you a present at steppin' out. msg me your address so i can send it to you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 i need mountains and you in my life. love you.

    ReplyDelete