I got on here to post some of the photography that I have completed lately, and I realized that I'm on the husband's computer. Well damn.
So, instead I will admit that my husband is snoring and talking in his sleep here next to me in the bed. I can't sleep. Go figure.
Also, I'm going to take a bold step and admit that I miss my students. Gross. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into the classroom.
One more random thing, my kids made PostSecrets just before school let out, and I haven't been able to send them yet because they're just too beautiful. I have one on my refrigerator because it's about me being his hero. I should send in a secret about their secrets.
Now, enjoy (or not enjoy) some random poetry I've written this summer:
Just Shit [or lack there of shit]
I don't feel creative or
inspirational
today—my mind has become
a lethargic cesspool—
a monotonous nothing.
[my least favorite word]
but that's just how I feel.
I feel nothing
and as I write I
realize more than
I really should
about time and
centuries.
I hate this.
Bring back my
nothing—
for now—
and keep
it later.
Wooden Summer of 2010
Dave and Old Crow whisper
to me at night— HUM
me to sleep. Pre-AP
Photography heat-filled
to the rim with
Animal Farm and
four legs in the
morning—
two at night.
I will create my
own "Separate Peace"
of something called
heaven
on the hardwood floor,
brush in hand.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment