Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Bunch Of Poems Inspired By Random Works Of Art


A Pirouette In The Underworld With Hades


Underneath the M & M factory
is a collage of people—
a fake woman bristled
with white acrylic stands
motionless. A change bucket
perched on the mundane floor.
The passerbys whimsically
move past her like
escalators in motion.
She is not real—
Ice Queen replica of Anne
Hathaway
(not alluding to
Shakespeare)
in Alice in
Wonderland. I saw her
through the looking glass—
fiber-optical world of
metallic nonsense. I
approach her world and
drop my dollar pure as
farthings into the cold
bucket reflecting white
and she moves like a
Nutcracker doll—
pallid.
sustained.
graceful.

[this is totally about something crazy i saw in New York ;)]




Of Course, I Painted It Gray. What Other Color Is There?

The floor of my kitchen is
cold and my feet are blue
yellow
green
purple
but really they're gray.
Metallic gray ears absorb
the permeation of the
dark-haired being that
somehow brings out my soul—
something I didn't believe
in for a sad moment of time—
when I realized increments
didn't exist. I think—
burn the 9 digits
the money
and go "Into the Wild"
Emerson, Thoreau,
come with me.
And as I paint, my thoughts
swirl and black and white
combine to make
death. And the only dust
that sifts through the
yeast of my ears is the
dark-haired boy and
the words of gray
that whisper
"There is nothing
as lucky
as easy
or free"


[one more on gray...]


Francis Scott Key

I painted this poem as
My Anthem. Just like
"Hit the Switch"—
my anthem—
my oh say
my can you
my see
my white skin
is eaten
by black hair
while the world
consumes apple martinis
and I sit amongst them—
Conor, "I feel nothing
for them. I feel nothing.
Nothing." Alcohol raids
the brain like Hitler
in a clusterfuck—
my shading, my gray, my
black vs. white, my
alcohol comes in words
and words combine to
create religion. Thank
you, Ayn. My life
is gray.



No comments:

Post a Comment