Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Simple Tribute To Life

I tend to be vague, but I won't be today. I've had some run-in's lately that have turned me from "a cartoon back into a man" (okay. i take it back. i don't know how to communicate without vagueness).

A girl I once knew died suddenly and as I passed her in a casket, I began to transform once again.

People mourn when people die. They mourn for the family and for the friends. This entire concept makes sense to me, but my first thought is never the parents, children, or spouse. I cried for her. I cried because she died. I cried for her, and myself, and everyone else in this world. Her mother had faith in something. I could tell. I wish I had that. People with faith are smarter than me, and I finally know that now. There just has to be something more. Life is meaningless if all you have to look forward to is nothingness. We have no other choice.

2 comments:

  1. i agree. lauren and i talked about this relatively recently. we're both sort of always up in the air about religion and the afterlife, but we both agreed that we can't say that there surely isn't anything after life. because if so, that's the saddest fucking thought i've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. that's where my panic attacks come from, and most of my lack of sleep (besides JC's damn snoring haha). there just has to be something more...

    ReplyDelete