I teach poetry. I write poetry. I often live for poetry.
I also hate negativity to an extent, but poetry is a form of art used to express that negativity that I get so irritated about in other people (Dear Facebook, promote poetry as a release of depressivism and negativity, not statuses. Sincerely, Me).
Each poem stands alone as a piece of artwork. Poetry (and all forms of art) are a realm that others cannot touch. I can release anything into a poem. I speak of fears and revolts. I speak of life and death. I speak of whatever ails me or concerns me at that moment (usually my never-ending struggle with religion), and no one can touch that. It's equivalent to abstract paintings or runway fashion or a metaphysical sculptures. Artists don't write or paint or sculpt for you.
"I do not read the reviews. No, I am not singing for you."
Although, writing this blog does prove that I do want it read. If I didn't, I'd leave it in my journal. So why do people feel the need to be heard? What's the point? I write for me, but I publicly display my work as a hope that someone else experiences the same tribulations. I praise the individualist and recognize the need for the collectivist at pertinent points too. Although, there must be more Transcendentalists out there besides me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Honestly, I never agree with anyone as much as I agree with you. Seriously. I love your art. <3
ReplyDelete