Meaningless Title
I am no longer a writer.
I cannot think in poetic
form any longer.
Exhausted verse
leaks from my first
floor mind like carbon
from nostrils.
I am a smiling woman.
Judge me.
Judge me.
“Carpe the hell out of diem,”
I think.
“Life is what happens
when you’re making
other plans,”
I think.
Every conversation—
about the future—
while now leaks
out with the carbon.
I am smiling now
although I cannot
eat.
I am smiling some.
Life is worth a smile,
worth a cliché
in a Mad Girl’s poem.
I think being a cliché
is worth it, you know.
I will trite around until
I can trite no longer
because I couldn’t
live with this feeling,
or lack there of.
I have no simile,
no metaphor
for this feeling.
I am simply feeling.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment