Monday, July 25, 2011

This Story, Unashamed to Tell



I used to perch at home
alone, in the tub with
highlighted literature,
music, this paper, pen.

Very much like right now.

I perched so soundless,
so
blue,
imploring God,
imploring the universe
of some
thing.

Maybe it finally gave me
something. Maybe I
impregnated the universe
with hope and our
friendship was born
from it.

Synthesized Sierra
Nevada, Camel Crushes,
and musical tears
helped emerge my new
universe.

You helped create
my new blueless cosmos,
always only blueless
for a certain
constituent of time.

I'll always carry
the blue I was born with—
[a genetic virus]
on my Shoulders like
Naomi Shihab's
metaphor for life.

"the world's most sensitive cargo"

But I could never tell
you this in person because
when I'm a poet, I'm not
one of mankind, but an
unstoppable idea.

You guys,
you

pulled me from the ether.

I thank whatever gods
may be,
the universe

for you.

Because I needed your
antibodies, your
antiseptic
nature,

to temporarily

fight off
the blue.



1 comment:

  1. this is so beautiful. you for sure belong in those "blueless cosmos."

    ReplyDelete