Thursday, July 21, 2011

Silent Summer Somewhere Within The 2000's Of Recorded Time

the drugs were strong when
they put me under. my
yellow recorded the time
while under anesthesia.
he knows
me.
he knows i'll need to
know the exact amount
of time that i gave
to the nothingness—
wasted
life.
i told him [while under
the blue] that i sometimes
feel as though this is
my world.

and i—
i sometimes feel as
though i manifested you
all.

maybe that's the point
of being lonely—
in another sense of
the word.

maybe we're all just
living in each others'
manifested worlds

waiting for patterns
waiting for signs
waiting for the
so-called apocalypse.

i wait for nothing but death,

and you're all not far behind.





Nesting Doll on American Soil


I've become too common,
disoriented among booze
and reality T.V.—
but
I needed that.
I needed to be mindless
like others. This pen
screams otherwise.

It screams of wasted
metaphors and unrequited
life—
Lortabs corrupt my mind
like A Clockwork Orange
on Sundays.

Like open-mic nights
on Wednesdays.

I fucked up trying to be
[so] common. My curtains
drape the window as if
they never met the floor—

I surround my windowed cage.

I am caged
within a cage
within a cage
within a cage,

[a Russian babushka doll]

and the doors remain closed,

and the window remains clear.



No comments:

Post a Comment