So, I think my new chalkboard wall has me obsessed with quotes at this point. And of course, I'm the big dweeb that highlights EVERY book I read (and often transfers them to photographs. i. am. fucking. gay, but i love it.). Some FABULOUS quotes:
"I am involved in mankind"
-John Donne
"No man is an island"
-ditto
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion"
-Thoreau
"Thought is the seed of action"
-Emerson
"There's happiness in death. You get to the next one. You get to the next on down the line"
-Conor Oberst
"If your thoughts should turn to death, you've gotta stomp them out—like a cigarette"
-Conor Oberst
"I'm amazed at the lack of evolution; I'm amazed at the lack of faith; I'm amazed at the love we rejected; I'm amazed that we accept this place; Like the middle of the earth and the middle of the ages, like a river I get disrupted"
-Jim James
"On a detox walk through a Glendale Park over sidewalk chalk someone wrote in red, "start over." So I muffled my scream on an Oxnard beach full of fever dreams that scare you sober—into saltless dinners."
-Conor Oberst
"Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does."
-Allen Ginsberg
"Democracy! Bah! When I hear that I reach for my feather Boa!" -Allen Ginsberg
"As I see my soul reflected in nature;/As I see through a mist, one with inexpressible completeness and beauty;/See the bent head, and arms folded over the breast—the female I see."
-Whitman
"Four legs good, two legs bad"
-George Orwell (Animal Farm)
"'Up there, comrades,' he would say solemnly, pointing to the sky with his large beak—'up there, just on the other side of that dark cloud that you can see—there it lies, Sugarcandy Mountain, that happy country where we poor animals shall rest forever from our labours'"
-George Orwell (Animal Farm)
And...I Think I Feel Like Writing
As for life, I don't have much to say about it. Shit sucked at the beginning of this summer, but I kicked myself out of that family driven quagmire of life.
Baz Luhrmann once said in pop song (dare I even call it that?), "Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how."
It really is impossible for me to forget the insults sometimes. My problem is that I make up the insults in my head when I'm not even positive the insults are there.
I've figured out that this is mainly because I'm aware. I wish I didn't collectively organize information and comments in my brain, but I do. I realize when people are being hypocritical. I add two and two together in every conversation I hear, and I get four every time until I start calculating slope and fucking perpendicular angles.
Alright, what I'm really trying to say behind this ridiculous facade of terminology is that I make shit too complicated. People are hypocrites. I am a hypocrite. I often talk shit about others when I do the same thing.
I see myself realizing more and more each day. I find myself analyzing life and people more and more, and that's fucking scary. My brain is expanding everyday, and don't think I'm being cocky. I'm not. Being "smart" or "aware" is no fucking gift, and I mean that from the damn magma chamber of my metaphorical heart. (See...hypocritical me. I often get so angry at those who are unaware) Being aware, thinking, stepping outside the box has been the worst thing to ever happen to me, but I can't go back. I've been looking at the big picture (in my brain) since I was fifteen. I remember the day it happened.
So, this has turned into an inner release as always. Meanwhile, I'll listen to pop radio and drink beer. I'll burn brain cells and think of that as the true gift of life.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i love your blog. it always makes me think. thank you for that.
ReplyDeletealso, this is one of my favorite quotes:
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion"
-Thoreau
i think it's fucking fabulous, and i want to be more like him... and you. <3
"I am involved in mankind"
ReplyDelete-John Donne
i love this!
and seriously i thought you had stopped blogging because for some reason your blog NEVER shows up in my reader even though i am following you...sad face
I love you guys <3
ReplyDelete