LEXAPRO SHORTAGE
I am here to see a counselor today,
rotten psychology stinks to high hell
in my mind left on a shelf for 20 years
Bring me science
Bring me God
Anything but psychology
We came here together once,
you and I on the ironic love seat
I am staring at that brown seat now
It growls at me
I approach it like a enumerable caravan to my grave
And startled, I turn to the black, more appropriate colored
chair,
holding the clipboard of my subconscious tight,
like a tiger you would say
And you are no longer here
they ask for an emergency contact now
and my God,
I have had an epiphany
I have no emergency contact now
Perhaps that is the worst of it
A permanent check mark next to divorced,
A blank next to emergency contact
They're all deceased, I say
(Euphemism for rotting in graves
below Whitman’s democratic grass
Shut up
This is why you are here in the first place)
And my mother is damn sure in the painting
on the wall staring at me with an oil painted tear
Mocking me for being like her
But there's no bullet in my head
No trickle of blood on my temple
Just an empty fucking loveseat
No comments:
Post a Comment