Friday, February 15, 2013

Agriculture


The television screen boasts of capitalism,

The communist Evil spreading through society

Like McCarthy clones,

 a paradox for Arthur Miller’s wife

Who is now dead,

rotting In a casket

made of flowing white dresses

Over street potholes

And red lipstick.

 

And the white dress is a symbol for the free flowing

Market of capitalism and the red is a symbol for blood.

Perhaps the potholes are democracy.

 

And Hitler could be a metaphor for God, you know.

Because we all worship the Almighty

Blindly follow while hissing and neighing and bahing

Four legs good, two legs bad

And all the while we don’t even realize

That God has no legs.

 

That only the Greeks made their gods

In the image of humans

And not the other way around.

 

My God, I hope I’m wrong.

I hope God stands on multiple legs somewhere

An octopus of sorts,

stripped of mustache and uniform.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment