Monday, September 10, 2012


Darwin’s Apes in a Line (on a Trite Bumper Sticker)

You sit in my home in your ignorance,
and I did this.
I did this to myself.
Welcome, welcome to my home that I painted
like Chinese dolls upon the ladder 
reaching for apple upon apple.
I stood upon that ladder in our living room
like a pedestal upon the earth,
painted the walls as though
I was populating the earth.
As though I was God.

And you now, you sit amongst my populace,
amongst my art.
Hairs of my own DNA are surely stuck
within the paint.

But I planted you there unknowingly,
painted your features in oil
and surely they are somewhat dry now.
I planted you there like my hairs stuck
in the brown accent wall,
living room of earth.
It is funny
how you look somewhat like me,
how you are my descendent.

I envy your ignorance.
Hold him.
It appears you are my doppelganger,
nothing but a girl under my brunette shades.
And you’ll play him like I did too,
burn in Hell with me
under your own Satan façade.

Leave the remnants of my books
within the walls.
May you never cling to them as I did.

You are nothing but a clone,
an ignorant clone,
and I am not jealous of your recent possession.

I am only jealous of your ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment