Monday, June 27, 2011

After Reading of Spiritual Communication with Hi-Jack

I looked up stories today from Cassadaga.
Sometimes I lose it to the point where I
feel like I need to try,
try
to commune
with the dead.
But I only want to commune with my dead.
Just once.
Some call that praying,
I call it survival.



I've Been Drinking A Lot Lately

It makes me feel better. It makes me
feel
somewhat
less
alive.




Ignorant Consumption


Break down,
I saw it coming.
Alcohol consumption is a means
for a moonlit night,
and a despondent
morning.
I'd become so immune to the
alive
and the dead.
I'd become so lifeless, so Bukowski,
so methodical in protecting my
mind from my thoughts,
left
hanging
in Erebus to dry.
Without the ambrosia, I'm nothing
to society but another antonym
for the Sylvia Plath effect.
Another minority unwilling
to participate, my mind
slowly
drowning
in ignorance and dying
somewhere outside of love.

So it goes, Vonnegut.

No comments:

Post a Comment