Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Swell" Moments From 2010

This is going to be trite and cliche, but it's also going to be fucking fun.

Beautiful Moments from 2010:

Joe Pug/Vandaveer (I like them best now, believe it or not) concert with Jess, Rachelle, and J to the C

Learning songs with the husband and performing them alone (while drunk)

Trip to DC (to see wonderful people) which includes DC Cupcakes, Dogfish Brewery, and the American History Museum where I became the most liberal president in all of American history for one brief moment in time

Beautiful art created by beautiful and creative students that now hangs in my house

Creating thug art with Rachelle and Jess

Thursday night at Lucky's until 2 a.m. (it was just fucking fun)

ALL good times with the Donohue's

Charlotte with the other half and the botannical gardens (we took a picture of the bench he proposed to me on...it's just true)

Expressing my beliefs about coexistence and postmodernism on the Liberty blog and NOT being kicked out (yet.)

FLOYD FEST 2010 (with Old Crow and all the hippie love the world could ever need)

THE STRIP CLUB for my birthday. Let's be honest here. The BEST part of that was walking in to see that my loves came in to surprise me. Eh. Drama followed that night, though. That was not so swell.

Tie-dying party at Rachelle's

Surviving basically memorizing the following to teach: Animal Farm
, The Outsiders, Mythology (Edith Hamilton), Anthem, The Odyssey, Romeo and Juliet, A Separate Peace, and other smaller works.

Teaching Sylvia Plath to a brilliant Creative Writing audience with silence, respect, and some tears for the love of her brilliance.

Wearing a fucking hideous (beautiful) Christmas jumpsuit to school

Surprisingly, support from students' parents. Several parents thanked me for the love and passion I put into teaching their children.

Helping my sister become obsessed with Glee AND her making me sit and watch the Glee episode where they all sing John Lennon's "Imagine" and BALLING.

Becoming more understanding of my family (I'll leave it at that)


I'm sure there are several more. Other elements of this year existed and they include tears, but those elements deserve no dwelling time. I'll go along with the rest of the world (even though years and increments of time are dumb) and say that this year brings with it a new slate.

I think this is where I'm supposed to make a resolution or some shit. I haven't really thought about it. I could say some mean things about weeding some people out, but that happens naturally as life changes. Sometimes, you just get to a point where you have nothing in common with some people. So, I guess that's part of mine. I'll probably try to write more poetry, but for the most part my

New Year's Resolution for 2011

is to

live.

2 comments:

  1. we all need some trite and cliche things to keep us grounded, don't you think?

    i loved this. a lot of these "swell" times are on my list, too. good year <3

    and i love your resolution. that's all we can do, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. am i supposed to write back to these? i never know. either way, i totally agree with your first statement. i think i need more ke$ha and nickelback to keep me grounded, too (okay, nickelback is going WAY too far) ;)

    ReplyDelete