All I want to do is write.
All I want to do is write. The repetition of this line is me hoping that my reader (the few and far between) will understand its significance.
I started writing when my grandma bought me a Little Mermaid diary.
I "blog" because it's my only way to make my "dreams" come true. It's my only way of publishing my work, my art, my life.
I randomly cry for American Idol Contestants because I'm so happy for them. They get to follow their "dreams."
I put "dreams" in quotes because it's ridiculously cliche. I don't even literally dream about writing. I dream about random shit like chimpanzees in Radford and flying on planes with my dead relatives.
This blog is me following my "dreams."
My readers might be "few and far between" because I keep this little piece of my fundamentalist (used as adjective) heaven a secret (probably because I like to say "fuck").
The other day I asked a good friend if they'd seen something that I'd written. I actually wasn't even speaking of my blog, but they responded in laughter as though I ever expected them to take time out of their lives to read such.
I realized this is why the term "starving writer/artist" exists.
I try to have a "fuck the world/I am what I am" attitude for smirks like this, but this one chiseled a small piece of me.
I do love the word "fuck."
I think that writers and readers a lot of the time aren't made out of ticky tacky, but they do tend to go to the university and come out all the same.
I do believe people shouldn't be judged for their writing, unless they're dumb or a snob (relax. i'm making a hypocritical point).
I still have the Little Mermaid diary.
I still love the word "fuck."
All I want to do is write.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment